Sheet Metal Fabrication
Triple Metal Products (TMP) advanced manufacturing includes CNC Punching, Laser Cutting, Stamping, Forming, Welding and other processes to produce Precision Sheet Metal Products such as custom enclosures, cabinets, housings, racks, panels, heatsinks, frames, brackets, card cages and components for our OEM customers.
The advanced manufacturing processes for Precision Sheet Metal Fabrication include:
- CNC Laser Cutting with Automation
- CNC Punching
- Sheet Shearing
- Secondary processes such as Drilling, Tapping, Countersinks
- Surface Grinding and Wet and Dry Deburring for Good Edge Quality
- CNC Press Brake Forming
- TIG Welding of Aluminum, Steel and Stainless Steel, per AWS D17.1 if required
- MIG Welding and Spot Welding
- Grinding, Tumbling, Filing for completion of Welded Features
- Chem Film, Anodizing, Plating, with Painted and Screened Coatings
- Hardware installation including PEM, Southco, Avdel, Guden, Heli-Coils, Solid Rivets, Matdan, ALCOA Captive Fasteners, Weld Studs, Amatom
- Mechanical Assembly of Multi-Component Equipment including Guden, Gaskets, Adhesives, Grommets, O-Rings, Rubber, Labels, Bearings, Casters, Knobs, Handles, Hinges, EMI Shielding
- Verification of Quality and Part Compliance throughout the fabrication process including the use of a CMM
Sheet Metal Fabrication process begins with cutting using a laser or punch press to cut flat parts from large sheets of various metals. A combination of the processes shown in the list above are used to complete the part per the design requirements.
Common Materials Used in Sheet Metal Fabrication:
- Cold Rolled Steel
- Zinc Pre-Coated Steel
- Hot Rolled Picked and Oiled (HROP) Steel
- Spring Steels
- Stainless Steels
- Phosphor Bronze
The fabrication equipment used by Triple Metal Products includes both Trumpf and Amada Punching, Laser Cutting and Brake Press forming equipment to provide accuracy, flexibility and fast responses.
TMP continually invests in new technology and equipment for increased productivity and capabilities. The new technology and equipment reduce part cost and fabrication lead times so Triple Metal Products can always provide its customer with very competitive pricing and prompt service.